Sunday, April 2, 2017

A Change is as good as a rest

A nice short blog, this time.

I was reading Facebook a while back and a friend posted something that caught my eye.(thank you Pamela Gapes for this) It was something that was interesting for anyone who is always on the look-out to better themselves.It was 5 things to quit (right now). Here are the list and my views.

  1. Trying to please everyone.
  2. Fearing Change
  3. Living in the past
  4. putting yourself down
  5. overthinking


1. Trying to please everyone.
Something I find myself doing, especially with my music. I have to get back to the roots of ZEEKtheFREAK and please myself, not others. I know I can never please everyone, but if I can please a few, then my work is a success.

2.Fearing change.
Being a Libra birth, it has been a burden for me, Luckily I think I am slowly getting over this. I know I have to change my show and a lot of the material as it is now stale to me. I am slowly coming to terms that this is also connected to point 3.

3. Living in the past.
For too long, I have been looking back and hanging onto what I had and not looking forward to what I CAN have

4. Putting yourself down.
I hear other singers and bands and think, shit I wish I was as good as that and it's strange because I listen to some of my old material and stuff from the Gullible's Travels CD and think.....man, W.T.F.....you ARE that good, uncertainty about whether I am good enough or not and hell man, I am good enough.

5. Overthinking.
This is new to me and something, I want to delete from my thoughts, from my character. Thinking everyone is against me or speaking about me or lying to me.....if someone wants to do this or think this about me...then they can, it's not my problem.


We are never too old to learn, that really stupid quote, you can't teach old dogs new tricks is utter bullshit. A person can be 90 and still change, so if you hear someone say this, then it is not that they can change, it is because they DON'T WANT to change.

I am not saying people should follow these quotes or change, but if you try something you don't know, it might improve your life and isn't that what we all long for, a better time on this earth. One the best slogans ever was that of Durex: A change is as good as a rest. I would like to use it for this blog

People, be yourself, be nice to each other and buy my music (well, a Freak has to live 😉)

ZEEKtheFREAK
Cabannes 2nd April 2017

No comments:

A Change is as good as a rest

A nice short blog, this time. I was reading Facebook a while back and a friend posted something that caught my eye. (thank you Pamela Gape...