Friday, February 17, 2017

ALKMAAR, YOUR BRIDGES ARE BURNING

....and so the next chapter.

I have been lucky in life, I have no regrets, really, I did have some brilliant times and some crap times, but that is what makes life so interesting and a person into who he is.
When I had money, I spent it, on instruments and lots of alcohol. Not drugs, although a lot of people thought I did, lol. I never could save my money. Was it the right thing to do, I will never know, but like I said I have no regrets and man I did have some cool times.

And so I move on to the next chapter of my life, yes I know I moved here nearly 2 years ago, but there was always something pulling me back there. Was it the uncertainty of a new life, was it the friends, it was definitely the fact I still own a house there. Now after these past 2 years I realise If I remain in my Alkmaar mode, I would then miss the thrill of a beautiful life all around me in the scerenic Provence and I would miss the amazing amount of attention, I receive from the beautiful person next to me and the love, the knowledge and the gift of opening my eyes to reality and not a dream.

I am not sure if this blog should be called Burning the bridges, that may sound a bit drastic....maybe it should have been 'Closing the door', 'changing the lock' or 'moving on'....but as an old friend warned me,the way I live my life I am burning bridges I can never rebuild. Maybe,just maybe they are burning for a reason. I know not everyone in that community are such, but man the fakeness is dripping off a lot of people....nice to you when you are around and play like they do, but hell if you break away and do not play by their rules...then I have changed, I am under the thumb (makes me laugh when you see my life and the amount of freedom I have)....totally in no way supportive or interested in my life.

I will always help someone in need, if necessary I would give them the shirt of my back and I think that my fault is,  I think everyone should live that way, but that is wrong. The world would be a boring place if we were all the same and what the hell would I write about in my blog....lol.
But, I diverse, back to the story at hand. I totally loved my time in Alkmaar and yes I called it home, but in all sincerity my home will always be Dundee. Even when I am living and loving the beauty and the warmth of the Mediterranean.

I know it's time to start looking forward and not back. This will be my last blog moaning about old times or old friends or fakeness or times past. I want to be again the positive person I always was and now that the load I bare has been lightened, I think I am on the right road to being that person again.  So yes bridges will burn, but if a friend says he is a friend he will swim to me and prove he is.

ZEEKtheFREAK 27/02/2017

No comments:

A Change is as good as a rest

A nice short blog, this time. I was reading Facebook a while back and a friend posted something that caught my eye. (thank you Pamela Gape...